| BEFORE |
When we go shopping or just
purchase some stuffs like foods or items, we always come to find ourselves with the choice of using either paper bags or plastic bags. Many of us find ourselves with that kind question and wonder what is the responsible choice for the environment.
To give a more clearing to this, I will begin to explain the difference between Papers and Plastics. Some
advantages of Paper Bags is that they are easier to carry than plastic bags, holds
more items than plastic bags = fewer bags to handle and more importantly it is
environmentally preferred. But most people use plastic bags because plastics are made from a
renewable natural resource and can be reused again and again.
| NOW |
To help minimize our waste each day, I have come to a decision that instead of arguing on using whether plastic or paper bags I will instead use a more efficient way of minimizing waste by the use of “Reusable Bags”. By using reusable bags, I can go on several shopping without having to use or waste plastics or papers. I have come to think that if every shopper starts to take the importance of reusable bags then the much will be achieved. Plastic waste, carbon footprint will be reduced and more importantly the earth will achieve more sustainability.
I have reflected after learning this, I am definitely
going to take reusable bags instead of plastics or papers to the stores even
when I go shopping for clothes and other things besides food. Even if I forget
to take my reusable bag, I will put what I have purchased that can fit to my
bag. I will also encourage some of my relatives, family members and friends and
also to you fellow readers to adopt this kind of habit.
using paper bags is not really the answer for the garbage pollution because using paper can cause another problem. if all city will make a city ordinance of using paper rather than plastics, where can we get paper? then people will cut more trees. while in this bag we will be able to use it again and again..
ReplyDeleteWhat you did was a good thing, in our home we also practice making use of the reusable bags when I and my mother would go shopping. It is a good thing that in our city plastic bags are no longer allowed to be use by the public because these plastics as we all know are the common litter found everywhere and is a common cause for the flood problems here in our country. Yes, they can be recycled but not as easy compared to that of paper so it is a very good idea that reusable bags are introduced for this will help lessen the environmental damage that is being brought by using plastics.
ReplyDeleteSimpleng solusyon ngunit masasabi kong napapanahon. Ang ng plastik bag ay ang numero unong basura sa ating kapaligiran kaya't kung hindi natin titigilan, o bawasan man lang ang pag gamit natin dito tunay ngang makakadagdag perwisyo tayo sa ating kalikasan kaya't sangayon ako sa mungkahi mong pag-gamit na msga reusable bags.
ReplyDelete